See Scooter Blenny Mating Dance here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
An t-iasg said:
That was cute! They do that every night? (and apparently don't mind that Nemo, the percula, lol, tries to cut in!)

Ya, Sharkbait always tries to get into the action. Maybe someday I'll get him/her a mate too - as soon as I can tell male from females! :roll:

GinaD said:
Ya, Sharkbait always tries to get into the action. Maybe someday I'll get him/her a mate too - as soon as I can tell male from females! :roll:

With clowns the larger of the two will assume role as female I believe... If im wrong the pro should ring in... :D

Cool, so I don't have to go find a certain sex. I can just pick out a cute one and it'll be whatever Sharkbait wants it to be? ;)

Get a juvenile clown - one that is smaller than Sharkbait. I believe juvenile clowns are not of either sex yet, so by picking out one smaller than Sharkbait, you'll be getting one that doesn't "challenge" Sharkbait and they should live harmoniously. (clever name, lol!)

I've looked at your tank info - is this a 10 gallon tank? I think that with the three fish you have now, the tank is at its stocking limit. If everything is going well with this tank, I would not upset the balance. I would wait to upgrade to a bigger tank before getting another clown.

young clowns do have a gender, but they are able to change gender up to a certain age. get a small one, and it should convert to a harmonious gender.

but a 10gallon tank with 3 fish...hmmm.

I only have 4 fish in my 40gallon breeder, and consider it fully stocked. yes there are inverts, but SW fish are used to the ocean...literally infinite swimming space. SW tanks are usually stocked about 5-10times more lightly than the equivalent FW tank.

Ya, I won't even think of getting Sharkbait a mate until I move to a 30-gal which will be in a couple of weeks. (can't wait!)

Thanks. Did you see the others? There's more video of them on that site - just select "more video" to see them. There's one on there of the male violently attacking his reflection - kicking up sand and biting at the glass - then turns and goes gently courting his girlfriend. I think he's bi-polar or something.

Back
Top Bottom