seeding LS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

got bait?

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Going to start cycle on 100gal bowfront. I have a 9mo old nano doing great. I plan on using some of the LS from the nano to seed my new dry sand, this LS sand is just choc-ful-o critters. Should I wait til the 80lbs of LR is cured first, then add the dry and LS mix? I don't want the spikes to kill the critters. I know these critters are pretty primitive, so they can probably handle it, right?
TIA

There cant be much sand in that nano so honestly I dont see it helping the 100gal tank out much.

What I would do is add the dry sand then add the water and then the rock. Let the rock go thru its curing phase and then introduce your live sand from the nano.

There cant be much sand in that nano so honestly I dont see it helping the 100gal tank out much.
Just a cup of sand loaded with critters can help seed a sand bed. With the right conditions they will multiply and populate the whole thing. -or isn't that what you meant... :oops:
What I would do is add the dry sand then add the water and then the rock. Let the rock go thru its curing phase and then introduce your live sand from the nano.
Good advice - that's what I would do.

I put a 20 lb bag is there when I started, give or take a few oz when siphoning etc.
should still be close. My intentions are to add about half to the new tank.

kinda though the LS should come last. Thanks guys :lol:

Back
Top Bottom