Selcon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bray84

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My mates gave me a bottle of selcon and can't read the info as labels worn away and from uk and it's hard to get over here so not much info onit. Wanting know how to use it and will it be good for all fish as what info I've read is mostly about tangs and ain't got a tang so is it worth adding for all my fish. Thanks for any info

I feed on a 2 part system. day 1 is pellets and seaweed sheets, I usually put about 4-5 drops of selcon on the pellets, letting it soak for a few minutes. on day 2, its frozen foods, this day I thaw it out and then soak the food in it for 5-10 minutes. doesn't need to be fully submerged in selcon but use 5-6 drops. usually use selcon about 3 times a week. be careful with it though, excessive usage has been said to cause excess nutrients in the water

Thanks a lot, with the frozen cubes do you put in with the water or add it after drained the waste water from the food

I usually soak the food for 30-60 seconds in hot water, drain off the water, then drip the selcon on the food.

Back
Top Bottom