Self caught fish and snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rjk666

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I live near the Gulf of Mexico and I am wondering if I catch fish and snails can they be put in my home tank. Thanks

should but qt's are the best way to kill anything and remove any inhabitants. Plus a freshwater dip is the most stressful and should not be done to new arrivals

quarantine is cool, i think because i save money.. you get more out of your little medicine bottle... hehe..

I have caught many things live from the ocean and I have to caution you. Some of the snails you find, you may not want.. pick them up, look at them, take some closeup pictures of them, and then go home ad research them before you put them in you tank...I brought home a bunch of snails and thought they were a form of tulip type snail, and bam. They wiped out my astrea population. They were carnivorous...Needless to say, I took them out...I also found out that they ate all forms of mullosks, as well as algae..Bad, bad, snails.. Just go out an scout, see what it is, take pictures and research, then and only then, go back and pick them up...There are many fish and things out there, that you won't find in a LFS, and chances are, there are good reasons...

Back
Top Bottom