Originally Posted by gplundberg
So could I wait until he grows I about 5 to 6 inches and then sell him
Has he actually been cured or just at that cycle where the cysts aren't visible? Treating the tang for ich is more costly for you and stressful for the fish than counting your losses and finding a suitable home asap. I know. I battled treating mine using hyposalinity treatment and I had paid $100 AUD for him. He was much larger and I ended up advertising him for free, giving him to a more experienced aquariast who could sucessfully treat the ich and had the right size tank to keep him healthy. The LFS
knew my tank size - 80gals and sold it to me when I first started buying my livestock and didn't research first.
, the stress for the tang and also yourself when they get sick is not worth worrying about what you paid or possibly making a buck. The current tank is not getting bigger so I would recommend you get him off your hands asap. You will feel relieved in the end. Good luck- hope it works out for you