Separate reactor pump or tee off return?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dmolavi

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm setting up my new 40B/20H sump system and am in the final plumbing stages. I'm plumbed for the BeanAnimal overflow.

I am using the BRS mini reactor w/ the Cobalt MJ1200 pump, and a Sicce Syncra Silent 3.0 as my return.

My question: Is it better just to use one of those pumps as the return and tee off of it to feed the reactor, or should I use both as intended?

The only downside I can think of to using both would be some added heat (not much, I'd imagine). Thoughts, suggestions?

I have tried to T off of other pumps before. It simply complicates things. Lowering flow from the return pump is a bad idea, you want it to match the overflow perfectly.

That's what I thought. Just wanted a sanity check. Now....time to get my sump done (I have another thread on that)...

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah, I don't understand the reason for an egg crate divider. I'd want my bubble trap to limit the size of my return section in case I lost siphon and prevent an overflow...but I have a HOB overflow ATM.

Back
Top Bottom