serpent star

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

morgan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i was just wondering how and what do you feed them. i was thinking of getting one to help with my clean up crew. thanks

i feed mine little pieces of raw shrimp, silversides, clam, scallop, basically anything. they are scavengers and aren't too picky from my experience.

imho i woudnt attempt to feed it unless its the only thing in the tank. if you buy it for janitorial servitude and you feed it what have you accomplished? in four months iv only ever fed my fish and polyps and havent suffered one casualty in fact everything keeps growing. accept my darn brown star polyps but thats another story.

I see you are a newbie. Since I have no idea of your experience and if you have never had a star be sure to read up on how to acclimate them. It is not the same as you would a fish.... Just an FYI

reefobsessed said:
I see you are a newbie. Since I have no idea of your experience and if you have never had a star be sure to read up on how to acclimate them. It is not the same as you would a fish.... Just an FYI

Agreed, inverts and stars especially are extremely sensitive to water changes. I drip acclimate my stars for 4 hours or so.

I also do not feed my serpent anything, he finds whatever food is left over.

steal food when i feed my anenome and coral.
does your brittle star come out during the day? mine is rarely seen, in fact tonight kelly and i got excited because we saw more than just an arm sticking out of a rock crevase. it was only fully visible for only fifteen minutes or so.

mine used to be out during the day, then I think he got tired of being harrassed by hermits nipping the ends of his arms so not I only see him at night.

Back
Top Bottom