Serpent Starfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rambo64

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello all,

I have a quick question about Serpent Starfish. I recently purchasd a pair of twnspotted Gobies. They were a little shy at first but then really came around and were cleaning the tank and playing around with each other. After a few days I was looking in the tank but I could only find one of the gobies. I looked at the Serpent Star and he appeared a lot larger than normal. I was working on the tank yesterday and then realized that I could not see the other oby that was in there. So my question to everyone out there is have you ever had any problems with Serpent Stars eating any fish? I am not 100% sure that this is what happened but if I had to guess this is what happened. I have recently been having problems with the DIamond Watchman gobies that I had purchased I have actually gone through abut three of thembut never thought that the star could do something like this. SO any insight into this problem would be appreciatted.

Thanks

I mean a Brittle star. Im sorry I don't know what I was thinking about.

All brittle stars are to be considered predatory to all inhabitants, especially to those that dwell within the lower regions of aquariums.

Yeah I did a little research on fantasy reef and found out that they will feed on sleeping fish and like you said especially if they are on the bottom of the tank. I am thinking that I may have to get rid of it.

Back
Top Bottom