setting up a hospital tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wrasse326

Aquarium Advice Freak
I wasn't sure which section to put this in. I'm setting up a hospital tank for my SW fish. I wanted to know if a 20 gallon was big enough. Also wanted to know what all I need for it. If I need to put power heads in it. I'm leaving the bottom bare and putting dry rocks in the tank. Right now my mandarin goby is all that's in it but I was wondering if I ever have to quarantine a big tang or something is the 20 gallon hospital tank going to be big enough? Thanks for any info.

well how big does the biggest fish you might have to put in there get? u dont need substrate or decor. IMO if you put the rock in there i would put something under it to protect the bottom glass. the only thing me and my only other friend that keeps fish ever gets for our qt tanks are a top, filter and heater. oh and because i have a few cichlid tanks i also got a divider

I would recommend a tank that is at least 5x longer than the largest fish you need to put in there. Hospital tanks can be fairly small, as you'll probably be doing daily water changes. You'll need a small powerhead, a HOB filter, bare bottom, and I add PVC pipe fittings (elbows and Ts) for the fish to hide in. These can be easily cleaned and wiped down if need be.

Back
Top Bottom