setting up a new salt water aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishyUser

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am setting up a new saltwater aquarium. I want to have a snowflake moray and I was thinking of placing it in a 35 gallon aquarium with some clowns, a firefish, royal gramma and I will later introduce a mandarin goby. Will add some coals to. Is this tank ok for the moray or will it be to small. I really want the moray so if some of the fish aren't compatible I am ok with it.
Thanks.

I am setting up a new saltwater aquarium. I want to have a snowflake moray and I was thinking of placing it in a 35 gallon aquarium with some clowns, a firefish, royal gramma and I will later introduce a mandarin goby. Will add some coals to. Is this tank ok for the moray or will it be to small. I really want the moray so if some of the fish aren't compatible I am ok with it.
Thanks.

Well a snowflake eel gets to big, I recommend. 75+ for one. It would also eat the fish, all of them, they have quite large mouths. Though everything else seems good for that tank

Thanks.

Make sure if you want a madarin to get a refugium setup. You want a pretty large one so the pods will have plenty of areas to reproduce. I agree the snowflake will get to large and eat everything but probably the clowns.

Thanks guys. I have had a lot of freshwater tanks but saltwater is new to me. How do I set up a refugium. And how do the pods go fronvthe refugium to the aquarium? Sorry for the questions but are there any small eels that I can put In the tank?

Thanks guys. I have had a lot of freshwater tanks but saltwater is new to me. How do I set up a refugium. And how do the pods go fronvthe refugium to the aquarium? Sorry for the questions but are there any small eels that I can put In the tank?

You can do a hang on back refugium that uses a pump to push water into it and then back into the tank or add a refugium into a sump and the pods get pumped into the tank from the return pump. Try youtubing refugium/sump for examples. The only eel I know that stays small is the gold dwarf moray but they are kinda pricey. However they would be ok in that tank as they only get about 8-10"

Back
Top Bottom