Setup and Equipment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ttrottir

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok so I have done research until my heads hurt, lol and I have went out and purchased the following equipment from LFS and would like to know what other members opinion is on the equipment I have purchased.

37 gallon 30x12x22 tank with 30 inch single fluorescent and glass top (planning on new light later, need suggestion for current bulb type though)

Aquatica Bak Pak2 protein skimmer
40lbs of aragonite live sand
One Aqueon 950 powerhead
50 Gallon salt mix (fluval)
22 lbs of cured LR
Reef Master test kit
Fluval hydrometer
200 watt heater (may or may not use, wife likes it cold in the house, lol)

I am currently letting the dust settle with skimmer and power head on and cycling with live rock and sand and shrimp in. I am open to criticism and would love to hear everyone's opinion. Thanks

3 days in and levels read

PH 8.2
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0

No filter yet figured it would be full of sand until the dust settles, do you recommend anything. I've been told I could do without by the LFS

I'm thinking after dust settles to take LR out and give a good bath in a bucket of premix to remove dust and then placing back in the way I want it. May even break big pcs in half to accommodate a nice aqua scape. Is this a good idea and does anyone have some suggestions on some plant life?

Back
Top Bottom