Sexy shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kopitar

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys

I was looking for new ideas for stocking my 75g tank on youtube and came across a few sexy shrimp vids.. And thought it would be cool to add one since they looked so pretty and funny dance

So anyways drove to my LFS and asked them if they had some in stock and she had 2 of them left ,but they were super super small and i specificly asked the LFS girl Wont they get eaten by my fish ? She says nah its fine as long as u drop him on either an anemone or a frog spawn or a torch he will be fine and use the coral as a home/protection

Since i got no anemone i decided to drop him on my yellow torch after acclimating him he decided to stay on the torch for first 5 minutes and was fine.. The second he decided to leave the torch for not even a split second he got eaten by my cardinalfish :(

Is it common for sexy shrimp to get eaten by fish?
Is there a way or a trick to keep them alive ?

Thanks for any input

Depends on the fish as to whether they eat them or not. Cardinals, from what I've read, will definitely eat them. I would think it would be difficult to really see them much in a 75g anyways.

So sexy shrimp are mostly made for small nanos ?

Thanks

Do they always live in a coral ?

No I got one in my 90 gal he jus walks around and does whatever he likes all I got is snails shrimp and a pair of clowns( a black and white and a snowflake) I spoil my clowns :p

Back
Top Bottom