Shark egg advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Soto413

Aquarium Advice Regular
I purchased a bamboo shark egg (probably a bad choice but my boyfriend was driving me crazy for it) can anyone please give me advice on caring for the egg? I have read something's online but I would just appreciate any advice from you guys...

Please & Thank you

I have a 75 I do plan on upgrading within the next 6-8 months the guy at my LFS said the shark will be fine till then

You really don't have to do anything to take care of it. Treat it like a fish and just keep things stable in the tank. Assuming you don't have anything that will pick at it like hermit crabs, the shark will birth when it's time and you will suddenly see an open "purse" with a shark swimming around.

Not giving you a hard time or anything, but I have to state the obvious. That shark is going to get almost 2 feet long and needs open swimming area to accomodate it. I'd be remiss if I didn't recommend you look at getting atleast a 180 gallon tank to take care of it.

Hang it off the glass with a veggie clip. And you have to have a soft sand when the shark hatches. It roams the bottom and can be cut easily on its belly.

Thanks for the advice every one, a friend told me that chemicals are bad is that true? If so what kind of chemicals? All chemicals or just some? I just did a water change before I put the egg in & hasn't added anything to the tank but just want to know for the future....

Back
Top Bottom