Sharks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Depends on where you live & the local laws. Also depends on what kind of shark as there are hundreds of them.

At one point in my life I knew over 90 species and could identify them all I was obsessed still love them but don't remember all of them they are just beautiful I live in ohio. Do you know what the smallest tank size is and smallest shark you can get ?

What kind? You need to figure out what kind you'll be able to keep & what size tank you need BEFORE you try to figure out where to get one.

What kind? You need to figure out what kind you'll be able to keep & what size tank you need BEFORE you try to figure out where to get one.

I just want a shark I don't care how small. We have a big aquarium down the road that would probably take it if it got to big

Considering that a small shark will grow to over 3 feet long and are for expert aquarists only and that you have not got your first saltwater aquarium set up yet, is it even worth thinking about? They need a minimum of a 180 gal aquarium, and even that will be too small as it grows. We have one sometimes poster with a 800 gal tank with a shark.

Considering that a small shark will grow to over 3 feet long and are for expert aquarists only and that you have not got your first saltwater aquarium set up yet, is it even worth thinking about? They need a minimum of a 180 gal aquarium, and even that will be too small as it grows. We have one sometimes poster with a 800 gal tank with a shark.

Maybe the aquarium will let me raise a baby till it gets to big :/ doubtful though! Or maybe I get a job at the aquarium ! Lol

Sharks are great. I currently own three (white spotted bamboo 2ft, banded hound shark 2ft, coral cat shark 2ft 3in ). A few things generally I would double whatever any sales website says. Lots of open swimming space especially for any species of hound shark as they are more active. Water volume regardless of what anyone says does matter. The more water the cleaner it will stay. Sharks are messy. There is no such thing as to much filtration. You need to cycle the water at least 8 times per hour and a skimmer that can do double what the water volume is. Besides that I find sharks to be easier to care for than any of my other fish. Ps they will grow faster than u think. The Internet states that bamboo sharks will grow 4-6 inches per year. Mine grew over 12 inches in one year.

Sharks are great. I currently own three (white spotted bamboo 2ft, banded hound shark 2ft, coral cat shark 2ft 3in ). A few things generally I would double whatever any sales website says. Lots of open swimming space especially for any species of hound shark as they are more active. Water volume regardless of what anyone says does matter. The more water the cleaner it will stay. Sharks are messy. There is no such thing as to much filtration. You need to cycle the water at least 8 times per hour and a skimmer that can do double what the water volume is. Besides that I find sharks to be easier to care for than any of my other fish. Ps they will grow faster than u think. The Internet states that bamboo sharks will grow 4-6 inches per year. Mine grew over 12 inches in one year.

How big is your tank holy cow !?

Back
Top Bottom