Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 05-16-2015, 01:59 PM   #11
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
here is a good example you get a saint Barnard puppy he fits in your hand when he's small puppy oh so cute ,
Than he grows up you could almost ride him he"s so big now is he still so cute

cat shark specs

Fish are like lifesavers
They come in different colors

54seaweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 02:05 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Now let's start with the breed you want instead of just general shark anatomy, the bamboo shark. First the are extremely messy, eating live or frozen food, up to a half pound to a pound a week. An rember you can't use a canister on a saltwater tank as they are nitrate traps.

Next this one reaches a min of 3.3ft, reports of it growing larger as been reported an you can even view this in serval public aquariums. it is easily scratched by objects in the tank causing easy work for infections to set in, and sense no scales copper meds an not be used to treat. Now since it is so easily scratched, you have to remove most if not all rock work from the tank, which means you lose a major filtration factor and so on, once again sharks are waste factories

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

36 gallon fresh water

10g saltwater
cgthebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 03:12 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
It is a decision you make, just because you can (make it live in a small, or inappropriatley shaped tank), doesn't mean you should.

It seems almost no one should keep that Shark because they can not afford to house it properly. That looks like a creature for a exhibit aquarium facility. Looks like something that huge would need a nine foot oval just to swim comfortably not including the consideration of a high quality of life.

It is a beautiful creature though (Cat Shark).

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 12:34 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict
Originally Posted by Javen View Post
I'm not planning to mix them all up like that I just don't think a 1 ft. Shark need a 300 gal. Tank

Sent from my LG-D850 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

A one foot shark may not, but it is not a one foot shark for long. Everyone is dead on here. Get a big tank so that it can grow and have room, or look for something more reasonable for a smaller tank. If you get one, read up on them and all if their needs and be prepared for all the maintenance.

TheTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 02:28 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award
Sharks are very cool and relatively easy to care for. But everyone is right, you need a big round tank.

Gregcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote

shark, sharks

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com