sharks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michellej

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I currently have a 75 gal sw fo tank it has been doing great the past few years so I have now decided to get rid of my fw fish in my 125gal tank so I can convert it over to a sw tank. I want to get two sharks but I have done lots of research and now I want some input on what kinds of other fish you can have with them, what actually works on food to feed the sharks, is sand best, and anyother helpful info you can give me.

To my knowledge there are no sharks that will not outgrow a 125g tank. Even the spotted cat sharks that are commonly available get huge, I'd recommend looking for something else unless you have a few thousand gallons round pool for them to be moved to when they outgrow the 125.

Agree, sharks should be left in the ocean unless they are put is a system that is 1000's of gallons.

The only way that you can keep even one shark on 3' or smaller is this formula. There is formula on how to determine the tank size. I believe it is 3 times the length of the shark full grown and 2 times the length for the width of the tank. As for the height it is something like 36" and up.

With this formula that I found, this is what you get for ONE shark.

36" tall
108" long
72" wide
Gives you a grand Total= 1,211 Gallons

This is what I know, Hope it helped
Epaulette Shark

One more old post that was drug up for no real reason. Once agian...this thread is now locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom