Sharks(small)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The smallest would probably be the banded cat shark,but it can't be kept in a reef since well....it's a shark lol. You could have one if you kept it with bigger fish and had a tank over 240 gallons.

4.gif
4.gif
4.gif

If you are really interested in keeping a shark, you might want to get the October issue of TFH. There is an article in there on what the requirements are.

I saw a banded cat snake at the lfs yesterday. Beautiful creature, but I have never felt so sorry for an animal before in my life. :( She (don't know gender, just feel like saying she) was sitting still on the bottom of the tank. She was a little over 2 feet long and the aquarium she was in was 5 ft by 18 in. :( I asked for minimum tank size and the lfs worker said he didn't know gallons, but 8 ft x 4 ft x 4 ft.

kimberly said:
I asked for minimum tank size and the lfs worker said he didn't know gallons, but 8 ft x 4 ft x 4 ft.
About 1000 gal !!

cal= (L"xW"xH")/(231) ie.. (96x48x48)/(231)=957.51

Cheers
Steve

I hope that you guys don't think I want a shark! I was just jumping in on the thread with the hopes that the info would help the original poster to realize that it wasn't a very do-able idea. But that hopefully if he went through with it he would at least do the best he could to provide it with the minimum requirements and not put it in a 200 gal.

Back
Top Bottom