shells.?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I found a huge pack of shells in the crafts department at Walmart. They were many different sizes, colors and shapes. Its great fun to watch them change shells!!! Just be sure that the shells are natural and don't have any varnish to them. It's also good to boil them for a few mintues before putting them in the tank (I foudn that one out after I dropped mine in) Good luck!

If you don't get lucky locally then there's always ebay.. I think I saw a pack of 75 for around $5.

bckane said:
Thanks we have a Michaels Stores arts and crafts supplies I bet thay have some sore of shells
Thanks again

Yes we bought a wicker basket full of shells for a few bucks at a "hobby lobby" store which is an arts and crafts store. Let us know what ya find

snapcrackler said:
bckane said:
Thanks we have a Michaels Stores arts and crafts supplies I bet thay have some sore of shells
Thanks again

Yes we bought a wicker basket full of shells for a few bucks at a "hobby lobby" store which is an arts and crafts store. Let us know what ya find

Just got back from my arts and craft store, they have a mesh bag of shells. I pick one up few bucks, but the shells are a little to big, Im headed over to wal-mart to see what they have...........See photo
shells.jpg

You'd be surprised at what size shells they can use. I have a pair that moved into shells so big I couldn't figure out how they were moving them around. They grew amazingly fast and are looking ready for bigger one's already. The ones that moved into marginally larger shells than their old seem to be growing at a fraction of the others rate.

Back
Top Bottom