Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-13-2005, 05:28 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Not that I would put one in my tank, but I have not seen this expensive ship wreck. Anyone have a link? For $100 it must be fairly cool to look at.

AndyH5512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 09:40 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
Fake decorations will do nothing but collect algae. IMO, go with the natural look.

quarryshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 12:30 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict
Yeah, I started with the fake coral. I still have a couple piece burried in my rock structure. After a short time all the vibrant color disappears and is just becomes part of the rock work.

I do like the port hole or debris idea. I have seen an anchor and it could look cool if you are set on something.

For a $100 you could get some nice rock or corals though.

Tank: 90 Gal SW Reef in the making

See my info for setup and inhabitant details:
afilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 10:02 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic
I took a high resolution picture of my tank, put it in photoshop than copies a photo of the ship wreck I was looking at into it - to put it mildly it looked like crap in the photo so no doubt it would look like crap in real life.
Want a great read check out my debut novel Neptune's Garden: www.neptunesgardenbook.com
macman7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 10:48 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic
My buddy has a ship with bubbles in his 150 and you don't really notice it. In fact my husband had to tell me it was in there for me to see it. He really likes it, I just don't notice it with all the pretty LR and corals.

Alex n Mary

150 gallon, 30g fuge/sump, 4.5 watt/gal VHO Lighting, 4" sand bed, 290 lbs LR, CDX-3 Nitrate/Phosphate filter

Female Naso "Isabell" or "Izzy", Emperor Angelfish, Flame Angel, Red Sea Sailfin tang "Bambi", Maroon Clown "Nani", 5 Chromis, 1 Aglae Blenny "Bengi" , Yellow Watchman Goby, pr of Banggai Cardinals, Lyretail Anthia, Six Line Wrasse

1 cleaner shrimp, Coral Banded Shrimp, lettuce nudibranch, 1 sand sifter stars, 1 tiny red brittle star "red", 1 tiny red and white banded serpent star, 2 tiny banded serpent stars, small orange Linkia starfish, assorted hermits and snails. Corals: star polyps, A ton of different types of mushrooms, yellow zooanthids, brown-orangish and light blue paly's, orange ricordia.

90g RR, W/D, 120 lb's LR SF eel, pygmy angel, pr sebae clownfish, 4 chromis. Star Polyps & Mushrooms
clowninround is offline   Reply With Quote

reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com