Shipping fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

audifusion

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys,

Trying to figure out the most economical way to ship fish from a wholesaler in Florida to Toronto .

I don't know if anybody has any experience with this.

I know it would need to ship via air due to the lengthy distance between the places.

Any thoughts?

Im thinking it might be alot cheaper to pick them up in buffalo and drive back across the border but not sure .

audifusion said:
Hey guys,

Trying to figure out the most economical way to ship fish from a wholesaler in Florida to Toronto .

I don't know if anybody has any experience with this.

I know it would need to ship via air due to the lengthy distance between the places.

Any thoughts?

Im thinking it might be alot cheaper to pick them up in buffalo and drive back across the border but not sure .

Most overnight shipping will be about 35$ however since your in canada its probably more. You'll have to figure out if its worth it.

just called delta airlines, they are about a hundred for a hundred lbs.

I plan on getting upwards of 15 fish at once, it's worth it when I compare the prices to any fish store around here.

The average discount is about 70-80%

FAAAWK if your willing to spend that much on shipping there is a GREAT fish store in Ganaoqui ( near Kingston ) about 2.5 hours from Toronto. Awesome place for fish and coral " FortyFathoms " they are on facebook if your interested ,just brought in a octopus which sold as soon as he listed it , and had a mantis shrimp if your looking for options. I drive 1.5 hrs and even with the gas it's still cheaper for me to go there than a LFS.

audifusion said:
just called delta airlines, they are about a hundred for a hundred lbs.

I plan on getting upwards of 15 fish at once, it's worth it when I compare the prices to any fish store around here.

The average discount is about 70-80%

Just remember anything not overnight shipping is usually not guaranteed. Also if your package does not arrive on time and all fish expire, neither the airline, shipper, or place purchases will refund. Just thought i would let you know that before hand. Ordering online usually comes with more risk than buying from your LFS but if you dont have any problems its well worth it most times.

Also i highly suggest a quarantine tank for this fish. 16 fish online with out viewing any of this fish, one of them is almost certainly carrying parasite or disease. QT to be safe

I have an account with the fish supplier as if i were a retail store, so the prices are pretty good.

The shipping would be same day (i.e... next flight out, so thought would get my fish to me in 4 hours or less).

They guarantee live arrivals,and the package is insured aswell.

what are they prices like from the place in gan.

i can get an octopus from these guys for $20

audifusion said:
I have an account with the fish supplier as if i were a retail store, so the prices are pretty good.

The shipping would be same day (i.e... next flight out, so thought would get my fish to me in 4 hours or less).

They guarantee live arrivals,and the package is insured aswell.

what are they prices like from the place in gan.

i can get an octopus from these guys for $20

Not sure on the octopus, med brains and other size corals are usually 55-65 ,frags 10 each usually , medium size coral usually 35 bucks. The store is owned buy the only guy who works there so if you try and talk prices he is willing to make a deal.

My 2 headed branching hammer 20 $

Attachments

• image-3759310824.jpg
    image-3759310824.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 86
thats pretty reasonable compared to big al's.

I find big al's stock to be grossly overpriced and diseased, plus the customer service is probably the worst i've ever experienced in any retail environment.

audifusion said:

I find big al's stock to be grossly overpriced and diseased, plus the customer service is probably the worst i've ever experienced in any retail environment.

Well I didn't want to store bash , but yeah big Al's in Ottawa is a lil overpriced also. Nothing but health fish and coral in Gan. :)

audifusion said:

Check FortyFathoms on Facebook , just received some nice indo' Corals , real nice makes me wish I had some spare $$$ but recently came back from a vacation so I'm strapped :-(

Back
Top Bottom