Short product review: Fiji Gold

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DragonForce

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Recently I have picked up a 20 oz jar of Fiji Gold.

"Fiji Gold “Coral Calcium Supplement” is beneficial to all corals and invertebrates that utilize calcium as part of their daily diet. This product is 100% natural calcium with absolutely no additives or buffers of any kind.
Fiji Gold can be used effectively to raise calcium and hardness levels in your aquarium. Because this product is in a natural state it is readily recognized as a beneficial food source by most reef inhabitants and absolutely no waste product will accumulate in the aquarium. Fiji Gold will also aid the growth of coralline algae and help to stabilize the PH."

This product is fantastic! For 11.99 you can't beat the price or the results. I have been using it for 2 weeks so far and I am very pleased. The only drawback to this product it that it makes the tank really cloudy for half a day, but I have been dosing right before I go to sleep so I don't have to look at it in the morning. My corals look bigger and happier than when I was using just purple up to supplement(it's all I had)

If anyone is looking for a cheap effective product I would pick up a jar of this stuff if it is availble at your lfs. All the people that work at the sand bar pet shop here in socal swear by this stuff.

thanks for the info, we do also have a review section that you could add this to!

I've been using FG since setting up my tank 6 months ago. Seems to be doing its job. I had to rearrange my LR due to an ich outbreak and noticed that a piece of base rock that was submerged under the sand was super clean and void of any coraline below the sand line. Above the sand line was darker and covered in coraline. I've since moved that rock completley off the bottom and am watching to see how long it takes for the clean bottom of the rock to get encrusted.

BTW, my fish guy suggested I use a diffenent technique in adding the FG to my tank. I dump some of the FG in my make up water 5 gal. bucket. I then pour the make up water into the bucket which stirs up the FG and makes a cloudy mess. The next day, the FG has settled to the bottom, but according to my fish guy, the water will absorb only enough of the FG that it can. So with each top off, you're adding a measured portion of FG. To me this is easier than dumping a full concentration of powder once or twice a week direclty in the tank.

Spin

Back
Top Bottom