Should i buy clowns or anemones first? Or should i buy them at the same time?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How established is your tank? You do not need an anemone to have clownfish and nems require very stable and established tanks.

there is no right or wrong answer to it. If you get clown and anemone separately, the anemone won't host the clown for sure. If you buy a anemone that is already hosted the clown together, then at least you will see that relationship continue

We had clowns then bought a anemone a year later. The clowns are hosting the nem and 4 other things lol;-) do not buy a nem until your tank has been running for a while.

I've had my tank for 3 months and all I have is a few damsels and snails. I'm thinking about trading in the damsels for more colorful fish. I was thinking a couple clowns an anemones to start.

I would wait for a nem. Also I would only buy two clowns.. How big is your tank? Why would you get rid of your other fish?

I would wait too. Even in my short time in the hobby I have seen many people post on here with disastrous results when adding a nem too quickly. Sometimes it works out but often it doesn't. I test everything once a week and after 8 months I finally feel like my tank is becoming a little more stable.

I lost 2 GBTA and my tank was at least a 1-2 years old so I gave up for awhile and came across a small RBTA and got it was feeding it silversides cut up about 3 Times a week and that guy got really big and I stopped feeding it that much it finally split took it over 6months to split so wait till your tank is at least a year old before getting a anemone.

Back
Top Bottom