Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-18-2012, 01:46 PM   #1
Fish R friends, not food!

Should I combine my tanks?

I have a 29 gallon reef and a 75 gallon reef. I have been considering recently of just combining the two. I have a 40 gallon sump on the 75 and also a gfo/carbon reactor, ATO, also getting a wavemaker. On the 29 I just switched to an HOB and took the canister off. The 75 is doing much better as far as algae and water conditions. I have room in the 75 for all of the rock and fish and corals from the 29. Should I combine the two? In the 75 right now I have a coral beauty, pair of black saddleback clowns and various crabs and snails. I think there is an engineer goby, but havent seen him in weeks. In the 29 I have a pair of percula clowns, pygmy angel and wardi goby, with various corals and crabs and snails. Final stock in the 75 would be:

pair of black saddleback clowns w/ carpet nem
pair of percula clowns w/ bta
coral beauty
pygmy angel
wardi goby
engineer goby??
sand sifting star

Opinions appreciated! I just feel that the 75 is a better and more stable setup. My concerns are that the clowns will fight and if the coral beauty and the pygmy angel will fight.

spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:19 PM   #2

Really need some advice on the compatability issue! Any help?

Old 06-18-2012, 09:33 PM   #3

Talked to my LFS and they advised that the clowns will probably fight and the pygmy angel will probably not get along with the coral beauty. So much for that idea!
Old 06-18-2012, 10:29 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yeah, 2 pairs of clowns don't work real well and I have no idea why but apparently Angels don't get along, they look like nice peaceful friendly fish but apparently they all hate each other!
Do you think your engineer is dead or just playing hide and seek?
Old 06-18-2012, 11:35 PM   #5

I fear that he may have died when I lost all of the other fish in that tank. He used to poke his head out when I fed the tank. I havent seen him in weeks. Probably dead.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:37 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Aw poor guy..... :/ well mine is a pain in the butt but i love him! Haha i would suggest one to anyone. Also kio convinced us to get a marine betta soooooo we got one and he is awesome!!!! get one man, you wont be dissapointed because he brings new colors into your tank! Kinda a maroon purplish color
Old 06-18-2012, 11:40 PM   #7

Ya, I loved him for the short time I had him. That is something that I could add any time. The betta I will consider after I get the foxface and the tang. We are just never done with tanks, are we?
Old 06-18-2012, 11:43 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Haha ya he would be a great addition, think about it! This hobby is funny, ill walk through a fish store with my dad (who knows nothing about saltwater) and he points out all these great big fish he wants in our tank and i hve to keep saying no... To big, to agressive, to difficult etc. He thinks there are like no options, but there are actually alot! Haha
Old 06-18-2012, 11:49 PM   #9

Isn't it great to have something that you can school your Dad on? Aren't many subjects like that. Not for me anyway!

Tags
tan, tanks

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com