Should I do a water change?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oceanicsublimat

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm cycling my 55gal with a shrimp and some LR LS.. got a new pump for my sump and it is the wrong size..need a smaller one.. the lfs told me to come in tomorrow and get one, he is the one who ordered this pump... will I need to do a water change if there is no circulation in my tank over night? already seeing some white spots on my lr

oh..I removed the shrimp btw...the shrimp had already began to break down..and the water is cloudy and stinky.. I will prolly do a water change anyways after I get my pump.. just wanted to know if that was the right thing to do.. will prolly not put in another shrimp till this water gets back right.. I'm so frustrated with all this stuff.. the lfs is a real piece of work.. wanna just throw in the towel...:(

so please..any words of hope would do wonders right now..

ps... I have my powerheads circulating the water..but that's it..

No, I wouldn't change the water. You have ph circulation, should be fine. Add the shrimp back after you get the main pump in and then check ammonia level...

Agreed. Let the "stink" do its thing. You need the cycle. Unless you have critters in the tank you want to save, then water changes will just prolong the cycle.

Back
Top Bottom