Should I feed...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angnak

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have quite a few hermits and snails in my tank. My LR doesn't seem to have much for them to eat. (algea, etc...) I know they will find things here and there. As of right now there are no fish in the tank (they all were lost to Ich :cry: ) so they really don't have any scraps coming down into the tank. Should I maybe just put a few small pieces in a couple of places in the tank as to make sure they do not starve? Or will they just find things that I just can't see on my LR to eat?

I would offer small supplemental feedings at least bi-weekly. A small piece of Nori sheet, or a few algae tablets or pellets will work fine.

Sorry to hear about your fish!

The algae tablets is a good idea. The crabs WILL devour them, and they don't break down too quickly in the tank.

I would think so. I doubt the crabs would care much. Just remember not too overfeed. One wafer will go a long way, especially since crabs would be the only thing eating it.

Back
Top Bottom