Should I get rid of my blue devils

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pearsont74

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have 2 blue devil damsels and one is getting large and tends to be mean....but leaves my clowns alone...jsut wondering how he will treat other fish. i want to add t omy tank but unsure of this guy.
already checked and my lfs where i got him wont take him back....

The last 4 letters of the word "devil" provide a clue. Seriously, the only guarantee you'll have of peaceful introductions is if they're gone. If they are becoming mean and territorial now, it's a trend that won't stop. That said, there is always the possibility that things will go OK, depending on the new fish, but from what I've seen, that's about a 1 in 20 chance at best. Good luck.

I'll bet any new additions will get the worst of the agression.

My vote is to get rid of them.

P.S. - Good luck catching them.

i have a domino damsil i added when it was the size of a nickle and he is now the size of a baseball and very angry at the world,anyway i ended up having a large agressive tank where he lives with a couple groupers and an eel.
hes a big pain in the arce but a couldnt give him up,just convince the wife you need a 130g tank and 100lbs of base rock :)

Back
Top Bottom