Should i jump on it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Horsegirlmaddy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Was browsing kijiji for tanks, and found a 65 gallon saltwater setup with a Rena cannister filter, reef octopus skimmer (month old), 60+ lbs of live rock, 4-48" T5 LED lights, stand and probably more, with a bat fish, for $500. This seems like a good deal, but I have no idea what saltwater equipment costs lol. I wasn't planning to have a bat fish in my tank, but are they good peaceful reef inhabitants I could work into my stocking plan, or should I try to rehome it? What would it be worth, either to a private buyer or for credit at a lfs if they're interested? And what would be the best way to transport all the live rock, sand and fish? It's at least a 45 minute drive.

Any and all advice would be appreciated :) thanks!

Was browsing kijiji for tanks, and found a 65 gallon saltwater setup with a Rena cannister filter, reef octopus skimmer (month old), 60+ lbs of live rock, 4-48" T5 LED lights, stand and probably more, with a bat fish, for $500. This seems like a good deal, but I have no idea what saltwater equipment costs lol. I wasn't planning to have a bat fish in my tank, but are they good peaceful reef inhabitants I could work into my stocking plan, or should I try to rehome it? What would it be worth, either to a private buyer or for credit at a lfs if they're interested? And what would be the best way to transport all the live rock, sand and fish? It's at least a 45 minute drive.

Any and all advice would be appreciated :) thanks!

That's a pretty good deal, but I'd see if they'd take less for it. I love batfish!! Don't know what kind is in there, but a 65g isn't big enough for any batfish that I know of. The minimum size for some is 80g, and some need min of 150g. Some websites say min of 180g for any batfish. They get very large. And they can nip at sessile invertebrates, like anemones. I would see if the LFS would give you credit for the batfish if you buy the setup.

When I transported my tank I bought enough 5 gal buckets for half of the water and fish then used 30 gal storage containers for the live rock and sand moved an 80 gal for under $20. Remember to get a heater and an air stone in the fish bucket as fast as you can

Back
Top Bottom