Should i replace a clownfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adrenalize

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I had a pair of clowns, a black female and an orange male. The male lost a fight with parasites so the black one remains and she is doing wonderfully its been over a months time from the incident. I'd like to get her a new partner and I would also like it to be another orange one, but I was told that the black clowns are more aggressive so its possible she would kill another orange one if I tried to pair them up. Is it likely she would pair with another one at all? If so would I be better off going with the same color or does that not make much of a difference?

The color doesn't make a difference. Odds your black is an ocellaris.

Was your black the larger of the two before your orange died? If so, get a new orange clown that's smaller than her if possible.

Yeah she's about fully grown I'd say. So I'd be safe getting another one without her picking on him to much? Perfect thanks I really like the interracial pair I was hoping I could stick with it XD

I'd defo give it a go. They can be really agressive towards each other but they can also pair up. You wont know until you try. Be prepared for a few minor fights at first.

My black and orance clowns dont love eachother... But blackie hasent killed the other yet and its been around 7 months or so.

Back
Top Bottom