Should i stay or should i go.. Or switch?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

needmorecowbell

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have had a saltwater reef going for about 2 years now, but it has taken a major downturn in the past months. Major tissue recession, algae issues, among other things. It was running perfectly before that, and was mostly an sps tank. Unfortunately, those days are over, and now I'm scared it will die off.

I'm in no position to spend money to fix the tank, as I am 16, trying to find a job, save for a car, and go places. But Im willing to do it if need be. My question is, should I continue with saltwater and try to save the corals? If so, how can I on a limited budget. If not, should I take care of an easier fresh tank? Would I sell piece by piece of my salty equipment if I did that? Or, should I just stop the hobby altogether until after college when I can really do it well? Thanks.

Only you can answer that question.
can you afford the marine slat for water changes and some kalk to buffer calcium and alk? if yes then that's all you pretty much need.

Yes, sell it to someone who can nurse them back to health. If your questioning continuing, your heart is probably not in it anymore. But you should still save your fish and coral before it is too late.

Sorry to hear, but priorities sometimes get in the way of hobbies. If you don't feel you can spend the time, or the pleasure has just worn off, I would sell off my stuff. You can always start again. It's important you don't let what you have die. I have had to make that decision a couple of times myself.

Sorry to hear, but priorities sometimes get in the way of hobbies. If you don't feel you can spend the time, or the pleasure has just worn off, I would sell off my stuff. You can always start again. It's important you don't let what you have die. I have had to make that decision a couple of times myself.

+1, amen!

Save money for the car and go to fish stores :) and no other places! Just kidding.

Thanks everyone for the advice, it's helped me :)

I'm going to sell all of the tank right now. I do absolutely love the hobby, but it's just too much for me right now. I'm never really home to enjoy it anyways. So anyways, I have an offer on it already, if anyone here knows my tank... What should I list it as? I want to be fair.

I would turn it to fish and rock only as will save good bit just on running cost

I would turn it to fish and rock only as will save good bit just on running cost

That's what I listed it as, along with corals, but a lady asked for the whole tank. As long as she doesn't give me a lowball offer, I think I'll take it.

Back
Top Bottom