Show fish??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tipton34

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have built a 70 gallon tank, right now it is cycling but I'm trying to think about what I'm going to put in it. I was wondering what big flashy fish would work. Like a Tang or angel fish. Any suggestions?

For a 70 most tangs get to large, thats the size i have ive had a kole tang in mine about 8 months pretty cool fish

image-2435251140.jpg

Not as colorful as most tangs, but one heck of a personality. He is a little rough on my lawnmower blenny. I think because they hunt the same algae but the little blenny just keeps comming right back out not too intimidated..

Why not go for a school of smaller fish? Sometimes that's more impressive than one flashy fish

Well I want a school but I wanted like one flashy fish! I may add it last so maybe I wont want one

I like dwarf angels...Flame and Coral Beauties look great. I just picked up an Eibli/Red Stripe Angel. They also had Multicolor Angels there, which looked great. Most angels outside of dwarfs won't work in a 70.

Ya IM not real picky on what kind of fish! Just as long as they are colorful! Are the dwarf angel fish very aggressive?

Most are peaceful. Check out sites like liveaquaria.com for info on them and other fish. They also have tank size suggestions and things like compatibility charts that are useful. I also like vividaquarium and bluezoo.

Cool, ill check it out! Would most dwarf angel fish be OK with gobys, and mandarins?

Kio707 said:
3rd it!!! Lol

I want one so bad but I don't think my cleaner shrimps would be to happy with the new tankmate haha

Haha well once you get the betta, you just gotta get as many non invert fish as you can! Haha flame hawkfish :D op should seriously consider these fish! Haha

A rusty,multicolor or lemon peel are all good dwarfs IMO...
All angels can be a bit on the aggressive side ...i would add it last

Mrc8858 said:
I want one so bad but I don't think my cleaner shrimps would be to happy with the new tankmate haha

Never touches my shrimp. Even gets cleaned by them.

How many dwarf angels would yall put in a 70? Would two be OK? I didn't how territorial they are

It may depend a bit on which dwarf you want but as far as I know a 70 should be able to house 2.. what are the tank dimensions on it

Back
Top Bottom