Show us your Coral Prop Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

badfish

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just was browsing around reefcentral and came across this link and thought you guys might like to check it out. i am thinking of setting up one myself, but thought it would be cool to see people on this forums tanks. If you can post pics, and hardware that you have. I would like to set one up in the near future, not really to make any money, but to be able to trade to the LFS for more corals. Anyway, here is the link i came across.

Enjoy

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=588631&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

wow, no one has a prop tank. At least, can someone let me know what may be needed to start up this. Obiviously powerheads, lights, tank, eggcrate....

I don't have a prop tank, but after attending Anthony Calfo's seminar on coral propogation, you seem to be well on your way. He has a great gook out for around $30 that details everything you need to know about coral propogation. Might be worth investing in if you are serious about starting up a prop tank.

I'm in the midst of setting one up. I'm going to use my 30, 1x250MH and some mad flow. Change some water weekly, keep an eye on parameters, use some egg crate to sit things on.

thanks guys and gals,

Phyl, will you be using a skimmer? What is the advantage of having a prop tank versus just placing the frags in you main tank? Of course, if you will be doing it on a large scale, a prop tank would be better. All i really want to do is make a couple of frags at of my two zoo colonies.

Thanks again,

Jeff

Here is a pic of mine. The tank i very nasty looking. It needs a good cleaning. Xenia anyone? LOL!

img_451956_0_de268f4747bbcbf421977b4e6c1669d8.jpg

Here is mine. A bit dirty as well. Close ups make it look better :)

I have a big leather that needs fragged in there :)

I saw Anthony Calfo speak this weekend. Great guy and knows a lot of stuff. Fragging with dremels and wet saws looks so cool!

Attachments

• fragtank1a.jpg
    fragtank1a.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 49
  • fragtank2a.jpg
    fragtank2a.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 48
Wow, they both look great. Do you guys frag to trade/sell or just for fun? Keep them coming.

I trade or sale mine. My tank is getting overrun so I trade locally, trade to LFS and sale some online. I have a for sale ad thread right now :)

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom