Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Devo56

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I currently have 2 clowns and a arrow head crab. I wanted to add a shrimp or two that are not aggressive. Any suggestions

Eek arrow head crabs. I despise them and they occasionally do eat other tank goers. I trust my hawkfish with my shrimp more than I trust a crab with them. Shrimp are fine, just be sure to maintain calcium levels, iodine levels etc. Hermit crabs look better (in my opinion) than do arrow heads and perform more detritus clean up duty. Blue legged ones are the best :D

The arrow head is not aggressive at all if anything is scared of every lil thing

I love my fire shrimp. It even started cleaning my fishes! theres also cleaner shrimps, peppermint shimps, and sexy shrimps

coral banded shrimps will get aggressive.
Pistol shrimps might be OK, but I wouldn't trust it with that giant claw IMO xD

I haven't had any aggression problems with my peppermint shrimp or my coral banded shrimp. I have electric blue legged hermits, too (like suggested below) and they fight each other a lot. 2 ganged up and killed the other one! Dwarf red-legged hermits cause fewer problems and get the cleanup duties done. In terms of shrimp, peppermints are good. I think cleaner shrimp are even better. The coral banded shrimp is attractive, but kind of boring and grumpy, compared to the curious peps.

I would suggest a fire shrimp as well they look great and do a good job. You could also do peppermint shrimp. Have you thought about an emerald crab?

I love peppermint shrimp and cleaners. Coral banded shrimp can be real nasty, especailly if you have a pair. I had a breeding pair and had to remove them from the tank as they killed every other shrimp I had.

I hear pistol shrimp often make annoying loud pops and it harms fish

I have yet to hear my pistol shoot or make anynoise. I';ve only ever seen him like 4 times. LOL

Would a fire shrimp and arrow head crab be on together?

Wow thats good to know i must be thinking of another shrimp,thanks carey and srry for that mixup

the pistol shrimp can make clicking noises. There is also the dreaded mantis shrimp that makes clicking noises and for sure will kill your stock

Back
Top Bottom