shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
also, will pep shrimp be harmful to other anemones other than aptasia?

Also, any one know a website that sells shrimp CHEAP!

TIA,
Ant

Skunk Cleaner Shrimp A++++, go to Something Fishy in Scehenctady, $19.99. I also like Fire Shrimp, but dont have any experience with them. I wouldnt get anything else. You will probaby only be able to put 1-2 skunks, so its probably not worth ordering off line, unless your ordering a bunch of other livestock.

If your only gonna order 1 shrimp, the cost for shipping would be ridiculous, there is a store In Schenectady NY, called "Something Fishy". They Sell cleaner shrimp there for 19.99. There is also a place called "Union Aquarium" also in Schenectady that sells them i beleive for $25. Ill PM you there locations.

I like my skunk. Just be careful if you get any livestock that require diretly hand feed large peices of food like krill, for example open brain coral. They tend to steal food and can be quite a hassle. But on the other hand they are great scavengers. If I feed my fish pellets, and the pellets hit the ground quick, my shrimp is right there to pick it up so I don't worry about any uneaten food as much now- I somewhat indierctly feed the shrimp when I feed my fish.

And if you can buy a smaller size get it. I bought mine close to two months ago at a small size for about $15. With regular eating and regular molting(about once every three weeks) he will get big in no time. Or in my case a she because I just saw the eggs for the first time today!! She has molted about 4 times now and is probably worth the $40 price tag at the lfs I bought her at. So with a little patience, I was able to save $25...not too bad of an investment.

on a side note funny story. I tried to feed my toadstool microvert one day through a turkeybaster and my shrimp went nuts. She jumped onto the toadstool and starting picking her hands into the baster trying to eat it. M toadstool didn't like it but got ver it eventually.

okay thnaks alot....do they sell blue legg hermitts? because i just bought 2 dozen and it cost an arm and a leg... and i came home and searched google and found them for half price..Including shipping!!! Just Pm me the information....I think this saturday im getting my first 2 fish!!!

lasek...thank for the advise...i her a lot of stories of where people hand fed their shrimp...at first I thought it was obsurd...however now, I kinda wanna see how he reacts to me at first....where for you puchase your food..A lfs or online?

my lfs is about a 40 minute drive.

www.thatpetplace.com is thier website though. They are a respectable company and they have some of the lowest prices on aquarium supplies i've managed to find so far. I would order online from them but I don't really need to since I can just drive. I have thier brochure and they even give discounts if you buy 3 or more of an item.

Just PM me first if you plan to get fish from them. There are some things you might need to know first. Just so you can be an 'informed customer.'

i forgot to add...

your going to love they first time your shirmp reacts to you. I think with most owners, when they pick up the shrimp out of the bag to put it in the water, the shrimp tends to clean the persons hands. Had that happen to me for about 4 mintues. I didn't want to shake her off or poke her off because I just introduced her and didn't want her to get stressed out even more. So I just sat my hand in m tank and waited patiently :D

Yeah, thatpetplace is supposed to be really nice, one of the biggest in the northeast. I almost went there when i visited my buddy in maryland, only an hour away from him. Eddied has blue legs, i beleibve 5 for 5 bucks, which isnt too bad.

eddies, would probably be your best bet for snails n hermits, the other stores may have some, but not many.

Back
Top Bottom