Shrimp Acclimation question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brenden

Aquarium Advice Addict
When you finish acclimating shrimp do you net them to put them in your main or do you submerge the bag and let them out without exposure to air? I guess this should be a poll question but I just wanted to see how most do it.

I just added a cleaner the other day. I drip acclimate in a small bucket. When done I dump all but a small amount of water and then dump shrimp and water into the main.

afilter said:
I just added a cleaner the other day. I drip acclimate in a small bucket. When done I dump all but a small amount of water and then dump shrimp and water into the main.

That is exactly how I do it as well.

I have always kept from exposing them to air. I have heard it will not bother them and also that it would. Just wonder which is correct.

I have netted mine before. I try to introduce as little no water from the bag. Only thing I have really taken notice of was with a starfish. Everything else I pick up a place in the tank.

I reach into the bag/bucket with my hand, pick them up (Skunks will hop on for the ride) and then lower them into the aq by hand. I wouldn't put water from another system into my tank unless I absolutely couldn't help it.

Back
Top Bottom