shrimp cycling and powerhead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kukki

Aquarium Advice Regular
I dont know if its better to let the shrimp just kinda cruise around where ever the water flow takes it or if its better for it to remain in one place or anything. I doubt it matters much as long as water is flowing over it at least somewhat..

My shrimp keeps finding its way to my powerhead intake tho. Up until today it was heavy enough to just stay on the bottom and have water pass over it and thru it. Now it floats up gets into the current and in a matter of maybe 2 mins gets sucked against the side of the PH.

Is there anyway to keep it from getting to close or tieing it down or anything? Right now i just have the end of it buried under some sand so it stays put. It has been in there about a week if that matters at all :)

oh and its a 29gal with a maxi-900

-kukki

Either put it in your media basket(power filter) or rubberband it to a rock and drop it in. Use a plain rubberband or some plain nylon fishing line.

lol so did mine until this morning, it was at the bottom then i looked over an hour later and it was stuck to the intake

i think i got it fixed up now tho, cant wait for this cycle to finish which already seems like years =)

Back
Top Bottom