Shrimp fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Azn_gq

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I recently bought 2 sexy shrimp to add to my tank. They are hard to find as they live under one of my anemone's so just this evening I turned on the light to see them as they tend to come out at night. Then the light seemed to have startled it and to my surprise, it released like a hundred little babies that were all under it's abdomen. I have had my scarlet skunks do this in the past. But none err survived just wondering if anyone ever had luck raising shrimp fry... If so how do I do it?

Here's the vid of them..

i have herd that they are really hard to raise hopefully there will be a next time for u and maby u will be prepared if u want to raise them.

I would say to net them quickly, and then place them in your QT (with something over your filter intake) or in your refugium. They should eat pods and macroalgae naturally occurring in the refugium, but you could supplement with powdered pellets or flake. Just an idea.

Don't count on raising shrimp. Yours likely set the buffet table for you tank inhabitants. It takes a whole 'nother system to raise food to even keep them alive.

Back
Top Bottom