Shrimp in my LR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yaksplat

Aquarium Advice Freak
I noticed a shrimp that keeps popping his head in and out of a hole in my LR. It's keys rock from liverocks.com. I want to say that it's a banded coral shrimp, but he refused to come out for a positive identification. He has red claws and it looks like white stripes. But that's all i've seen so far. It's too far into the tank to get a good picture or i'd post one. Are BCS from the keys area?

Thanks in advance

Jim

More likely it is a type of pistol shrimp. Many are striped and have similar color patterns. The CBS is not usually one to hide in holes unless it's so small it may become a meal. They are quite fiesty.

Cheers
Steve

Blue Legged Pistol Shrimp.. There was a pic of these guys floating around but That was a long time ago.. I will try and dig up a copy and post..

HTH<
James

I was unable to find the pic on my end.. With as common as these things are in the Keys LR someone should have a good pic.. FWIW I had at one time a mated breeding pair but one died.. :(

James

Nope, it's definately not a pistol shrimp. I just saw both of its claws and they don't look like any of the pistol shrimp claws in my tank. It is a very small shrimp which is why i think it's hiding.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom