Shrimp Molding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jake337

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just picked up a peppermint shrimp yesterday (had one in the past) and it just started molding. My question is, when they're molding, how do you know if they're actually inside the mold or if it's the mold itself? Can they move when they're molding or do they have to hide? I'm asking this because my flow will push it around (not too sure if it was the mold or the shrimp in the mold) and it would just keep flying all around the tank. I'm not sure if it was the shrimp itself or not because I didnt see it anywhere. My last shrimp died because it was in the process of molding and fell into the hands of my gbta. When it molds, are my only options to leave it alone and let it do it's thing? I'm afraid it will get stuck in the powerhead or fall into the the anemone again.

If you see it flying around its probably just the mold. Looks like the shrimp but seethrough.
The flow shouldn't matter too much, just make sure you have life rock stacked in a way so it can crawl in between and hide for a day.
My shrimp disappeared for a week once and came back all well.

Casualties will always happen. Corals eating inverts, fish picking on corals and hermits eating snails to acquire a new house ;)

Back
Top Bottom