Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-16-2004, 03:14 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to jamal-188
Shrimp proof crab trab

I"ve been moving some stuff around in my aquarium lately and have spotted at least 3 crabs that made it past my dips when I got LR. I want to build a trap and bait it with krill but I think my shrimp will just swim in and take it if I just lean a glass against a rock. Do you think the soda bottle trick will work and do I actually need to place it against the rock I saw the crab in or will they find it eventually?

jamal-188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 03:38 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Whichever one you choose, somehow you could make the bait stuck to the bottom, like shrimp/krill bound up in a piece of net and glued to the bottom with hot glue or something, so nobody can take it. Then the swimmers can stay or leave, but the crabs have to stay regardless.

I have one extraordinarily large spider crab that has been clipping an inch at a time off of my green brittle star's legs. I think I need to get it out of there, it is a real brute.
My brittle star looks like a stumpy star right now.
snapcrackler is offline   Reply With Quote

crab, rim, shrimp

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com