Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-07-2009, 11:16 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to panza
Quote:
Originally Posted by roka64 View Post
The sexy shrimp generally stay out in the open and "dance". I do believe they are better off in 3+ quantities...they stay small, so they would be good for your tank.

they're a little bit more expensive then i thought 14.00! so i can either get one or none. how bout peppermint? what do they do? any other shrimp that might be good for my tank?

damsel.
panza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:20 PM   #12
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
Hmmm, for less than $14, I doubt it. My personal preference is a pistol. I have not had much success with pepps.

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Articles
Acronym List

--Scott
roka64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:26 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

lol i can afford any shrimp up to about 25 dollars. thats why i could only get one sexy shrimp. cause if you see my other thread in nano forum youll see my list of things im buying andi have budget lol. i just want something thatlll do well by it self and is pretty interesting to watch. like a Coral banded shrimp be ok? or any other kind? ha ha thanks
damsel.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:36 PM   #14
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
If it were me, I would just wait and save up. A CBS might have issues with your other shrimp and possibly other critters in your tank. I've never kept one but have read plenty of stories about them. I think they do better in much larger tanks.
Panza, save up your money and get a few sexies. I guarantee you'll love them and they will be worth the wait.
I have 3 fish in my 55 and am completely happy with what I have.
Remember, SW (or aquaria, for that matter) is not about what you want other people to see, it's all about the animals you keep and their well
being. Personally, I like to have a smaller stock of critters, so when folks come over, they can concentrate on one or two of them. I feel they leave my house knowing a lot more about what I have than when they came in....whew....sorry for the soapbox speech!

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Articles
Acronym List

--Scott
roka64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:39 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

lol ha ha ok.... but yeah i lay off the shrimp for now and stay off. instead i think im gonna do a green clown goby
damsel.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:44 PM   #16
AA Team Emeritus

just in case your ever curious again. The sexys will eat near anything, mine are muching on cyclop-eeze at the moment but i am thinking of getting them something a bit bigger. I read they like pellets, so i may try that. Peps in my opinion suck, lol. i have 2 in my 90 just to make sure that i dont get aiptasia. My girlfriend bought a nice purple feather duster to put in there awhile back because she wanted to get more involved with the tank, the pepps within 10 minutes went up to the duster and ripped it out of its tube and pulled it apart in front of her... needless to say when i adopted a puffer fish from a LFS she stood in front of the tank for a week trying to get him to eat the pepps. Lol, sorry for the long winded story...i have a bad habit of that lately.
Dorm Pico Tank
Jimbo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:11 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo7 View Post
just in case your ever curious again. The sexys will eat near anything, mine are muching on cyclop-eeze at the moment but i am thinking of getting them something a bit bigger. I read they like pellets, so i may try that. Peps in my opinion suck, lol. i have 2 in my 90 just to make sure that i dont get aiptasia. My girlfriend bought a nice purple feather duster to put in there awhile back because she wanted to get more involved with the tank, the pepps within 10 minutes went up to the duster and ripped it out of its tube and pulled it apart in front of her... needless to say when i adopted a puffer fish from a LFS she stood in front of the tank for a week trying to get him to eat the pepps. Lol, sorry for the long winded story...i have a bad habit of that lately.

lol its ok.... but yeah i actually did decide to put a few of those on the list. i did some research and they sound awesome!!!! so i got three of them coming soon! so excited!!!!
damsel.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:11 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Activist

Peppermints are hit or miss. I have 2 that I LOVE and I had 2 that I "dismissed" from duty. The 2 I have now are around 4 months old and big, in fact as big as most cleaners I see. They don't touch anything other than aiptasia (although I haven't seen any aiptasia since putting them in) and they are visable 99% of the time. If I put my hand in the tank, they're on it immediately (which is a little creepy quite honestly). I have a tank full of various featherdusters that have never been touched to my knowledge. Mine molt every few days and they are VERY red now. They were fairly translucent when I bought them.
12 Gallon Cyano Breeding Tank...LOL
jonboyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 04:30 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Regular

I've read that sexy shrimp like anemones. Does anyone have experience with this? Would they bother my clowns?
Old 01-18-2009, 09:51 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have a fire and skunk in my nano with no issues. As mentioned, the fire shrimp tend to be a bit more reclusive. Even in my large reef I only see my fire shrimp at feeding time.

Tags
rim, shrimp, shrimps

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com