shroom frag separating from rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

copi

Aquarium Advice Freak
Greetings. I bought some shrooms and one is pulling apart from the rock. I believe this is because when first introduced to my tank it was in an area of flow that was too high.

How can I anchor this shroom back to the rock? It looks like it's hanging on by a thread.

Thanks.

If it seperates, you could always just place it back on the rock. Otherwise, try using some surrounding landscaping to pin it to the rock until it anchors.

Brodie said:
If it seperates, you could always just place it back on the rock. Otherwise, try using some surrounding landscaping to pin it to the rock until it anchors.

I don't know how it works so sorry if this is a dumb question, but is pinning it down safe to the shroom? I thought about this but thought I'd hurt the fleshy shroom body.

Thanks!

Sorry, I should have worded that better. Pinning the mushroom in, not down. Surround the mushroom with some rocks or something so the current can't take it away.

Spear it with a tooth pick this works well, you can stick the TP into a hole in the lr where you want the shroon to go.. They will do this when they are crowed also, this is how they spread, they leave a small piece behind and that grows into a new shroon. Some people use wedding vail to hold the shroon down.

seaham358 said:
Spear it with a tooth pick this works well, you can stick the TP into a hole in the lr where you want the shroon to go.. They will do this when they are crowed also, this is how they spread, they leave a small piece behind and that grows into a new shroon. Some people use wedding vail to hold the shroon down.

This does not damage the shroom? Is it still able to close up when it wants?

Thanks!

It does not damage the shroon... Just dont spear it in the center.. I have speared a bunch of them and they all are fine. After about a week you can take the tooth pick out.

Back
Top Bottom