Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-11-2012, 02:16 PM   #1
Ajm
Aquarium Advice Freak

Shy anemone?

Just bought a new condy and he is hiding in a crevice of rock and not in my new LEDs I bough for him. It's only been 18 hours do they hide at first like fish? I've fed him a few small pieces of raw shrimp an he takes them quickly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2120536632.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	164.9 KB
ID:	111911  

Old 08-11-2012, 02:19 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajm
Just bought a new condy and he is hiding in a crevice of rock and not in my new LEDs I bough for him. It's only been 18 hours do they hide at first like fish? I've fed him a few small pieces of raw shrimp an he takes them quickly.
Are your leds dimmable? maybe its to much light for it right away leds have very high par rating

Old 08-11-2012, 02:22 PM   #3
Ajm
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbstrong

Are your leds dimmable? maybe its to much light for it right away leds have very high par rating
No they aren't. Will it get used to them or will I need to put a screen of some sort?
Old 08-11-2012, 02:26 PM   #4
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

My nems did this when introduced to my tank. The rbta took a week before he moved his tentacles out into the light. The gbta has yet to do so, still living under his overhang.
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 02:29 PM   #5
Ajm
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperhank
My nems did this when introduced to my tank. The rbta took a week before he moved his tentacles out into the light. The gbta has yet to do so, still living under his overhang.
Okay cool that's a relief! I'll just let him do his thing. Do you feed yours? Like I said I am offering shrimp and my thinking is I'll keep offering till he doesn't take.
Old 08-11-2012, 02:32 PM   #6
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

No I don't. Processing actual food takes alot of energy for an anemone. Since it isn't out in the light, how would it be replacing all of this energy? It wouldn't be able to. It will come out on its own. By offering proper flow, lighting, and pristine water conditions your nem will do well. It just has to adjust to your tank. Being moved from the LFS to your tank is like me grabbing you off the street in a van and throwing you onto the streets of Moscow. You might hit the ground running or you might take a couple of days to adjust...or the Russian Mob might get you...
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 02:58 PM   #7
Ajm
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperhank
No I don't. Processing actual food takes alot of energy for an anemone. Since it isn't out in the light, how would it be replacing all of this energy? It wouldn't be able to. It will come out on its own. By offering proper flow, lighting, and pristine water conditions your nem will do well. It just has to adjust to your tank. Being moved from the LFS to your tank is like me grabbing you off the street in a van and throwing you onto the streets of Moscow. You might hit the ground running or you might take a couple of days to adjust...or the Russian Mob might get you...
Lol Nice metaphor. Okay ya I was just trying to help it out but that's why I asked. Thanks a lot I'll let the little guy hang out for a while.

Tags
anemone

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com