Shy anemone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ajm

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just bought a new condy and he is hiding in a crevice of rock and not in my new LEDs I bough for him. It's only been 18 hours do they hide at first like fish? I've fed him a few small pieces of raw shrimp an he takes them quickly.

Attachments

• image-2120536632.jpg
    image-2120536632.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 53
Ajm said:
Just bought a new condy and he is hiding in a crevice of rock and not in my new LEDs I bough for him. It's only been 18 hours do they hide at first like fish? I've fed him a few small pieces of raw shrimp an he takes them quickly.

Are your leds dimmable? maybe its to much light for it right away leds have very high par rating

danbstrong said:
Are your leds dimmable? maybe its to much light for it right away leds have very high par rating

No they aren't. Will it get used to them or will I need to put a screen of some sort?

My nems did this when introduced to my tank. The rbta took a week before he moved his tentacles out into the light. The gbta has yet to do so, still living under his overhang.

Sniperhank said:
My nems did this when introduced to my tank. The rbta took a week before he moved his tentacles out into the light. The gbta has yet to do so, still living under his overhang.

Okay cool that's a relief! I'll just let him do his thing. Do you feed yours? Like I said I am offering shrimp and my thinking is I'll keep offering till he doesn't take.

No I don't. Processing actual food takes alot of energy for an anemone. Since it isn't out in the light, how would it be replacing all of this energy? It wouldn't be able to. It will come out on its own. By offering proper flow, lighting, and pristine water conditions your nem will do well. It just has to adjust to your tank. Being moved from the LFS to your tank is like me grabbing you off the street in a van and throwing you onto the streets of Moscow. You might hit the ground running or you might take a couple of days to adjust...or the Russian Mob might get you...

Sniperhank said:
No I don't. Processing actual food takes alot of energy for an anemone. Since it isn't out in the light, how would it be replacing all of this energy? It wouldn't be able to. It will come out on its own. By offering proper flow, lighting, and pristine water conditions your nem will do well. It just has to adjust to your tank. Being moved from the LFS to your tank is like me grabbing you off the street in a van and throwing you onto the streets of Moscow. You might hit the ground running or you might take a couple of days to adjust...or the Russian Mob might get you...

Lol Nice metaphor. Okay ya I was just trying to help it out but that's why I asked. Thanks a lot I'll let the little guy hang out for a while.

Back
Top Bottom