Sick GSP?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rncarter

Aquarium Advice Freak
Recently bought this rock with green star polyps but now that the polyps are out they are brown not green, is it sick ?

Attachments

• image-3515861538.jpg
    image-3515861538.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 124
It is green star right. Cause it kinda looks like my purple star polyps

When you get that Brown look it tends to be due to lack of sufficient lighting. Like Nu-nu said what kind if lighting do you have?

The same thing happened to my Gsp Frag. Good thing I just ordered a brand new light strong enough for corals.

Jake337 said:
The same thing happened to my Gsp Frag. Good thing I just ordered a brand new light strong enough for corals.

Id check light and alk low on either can cause color loss

I went back to LFS and the rock try sold me from is brown as well. I bought it a day after it came off truck from wholesaler

Mine have always looked brownish-green. Never a real bright green. Interestingly enough, I went through a period of time where my salinity was way too high because of a crappy hydrometer, and when the water conditions were really bad they looked almost fluorescent green. Once I corrected the issue they went back to a happy brown-green. I think that they might just have some variation. Maybe different species or sub species from different locations around the world.

rncarter said:
I went back to LFS and the rock try sold me from is brown as well. I bought it a day after it came off truck from wholesaler

*sigh* like i asked before what is your light and placement??? Do you not know??

Pc lighting? If so that's on the very low end for corals. They have upgrades which allow for better lighting.. convict has a few BC threads and would be more then happy to help you out I'm sure.

rncarter said:
I also have other green star polyp that is green that was in the tank before this new piece

It could be the polyps since you can get different shades/colors of gsp but I bet if you had better lighting you would still see a lot more color out of them.

Back
Top Bottom