Side Effects of New Flow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bearfan

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, my condy has decided he doesn't like his old home and is on the move. We'll see where he ends up.

My brown cucumber also seems a little upset, and is slowly moving as well.

Readings for today:

PH 8.1
KH 120ppm
SG 1.0245
Temp 80.3
CA 420+
NO3, NO2, NH3 all undetectable.

Bearfan said:
Alot. From about 100gph into/out of the sump to about 1000gph.
Almost fell out my chair when I read that myself, so can only imagine how they feel in the tank :lol:

Well, might only be about 700gph, because that's what I think the capacity of the overflows are. I've got it at capacity for sure.

might only be about 700gph, because that's what I think the capacity of the overflows are. I've got it at capacity for sure.

I think that's what I'm going to run into. :roll: Got me a mag 9.5 to run my 125 with a29 sump. :mrgreen:

Yea, I tested it, Through a 25 ft water hose it was gaining ground on my tank. :roll: , I have a SWCD coming and once I get it and see what it's going to do to my flow then I'll know if I gotta choke it down. :mrgreen:

yea dont think with the swcd ya will have to choke it down at all !! fishfreek did a test and it seams ya lose 30%

justmy2cents said:
Then it's a good thing I got one bigger than I actually needed. :mrgreen:

Bigger is always better :wink: You can always choke it back if you need but if you buy a pump too small then you kick yourself

Back
Top Bottom