Sifting Stars...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

c0mf0rt

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Need some help.

I picked up two sand sifters a while back... the one is a medium sized standard "grey" variety and he moves around quite frequently... the other has "gold" bands and stays buried until it's dark.... the sucker has some long FAST legs on it too...

My question is.... is that too much for a 60 gal tank??? Should I be ok???

Hmmmmm........ ok.... I haven't really been feeding them anything.... doing ok soo far...... how would you recommend feeding a star?????? pellets?????

Pellets or small pieces of shrimp or fish. I had 2 for a while and one recently parished. That one never really took to target feeding.
Good luck!! :)
The other is doing fine. :)

im not keen on what i call fake foods ! try raw shrimp clams oysters ect..
ya can use a chop stick or even your hand if clean till he grabs a good hold of it :)

my sand sifter wont target feed. he is pretty active though. my brittle stars on the other hand will snatch shrimp right out of your hand.

will the sandsifter perish if it wont take to target feeding? i have had him 2 months and it has yet to take food

steve r

Any advice on which one I should get rid of then??? They smaller grey or the larger tan ????

I would take the larger one back. i had 2 in my 125 and got rid of the larger one after a year because I did not think he had enough to eat. The SS are detritus eaters also.

Back
Top Bottom