Silly snail question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrbill

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok, this is probably a dumb question. I have nothing in my tank except for sand, LR, 3 turbo snails and 5 other snails (nassarius?). I've noticed what can best be described as "snail doody". :wink: What's the best way to get rid of that? Do I have to siphon it out or is there another creature that like's to feed on it?

Most of the time you will have sand fauna that will take care of it for you, it they aren't keeping up, siphon it out.

I assume it's the same in saltwater... I've noticed that freshwater snails are huge waste produces. It's actually amazing, lol. I kept a bunch in a vase and the poop built up *really* fast.

How deep is your DSB. This will be a major factor in the in fauna population that would break down the "doody." If you think you may have a low population or variety, your lfs should be able to give you a scoop of reef rubble from their curing tank. That will help with population growth and diversity.

Squishy

Back
Top Bottom