Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-24-2014, 01:12 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Just a little update. My clowns were picking on my anemone, so for 10$ I traded it out for a bigger one to see if that helped. Also, my birdsnest fell off its frag disk and fell to the bottom. I had to do a slight rescape to get it. Here's some pics. Ignore the terrible quality. I don't know why everything seems washed out.

3g Pico Reef
Sillyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 07:27 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

New kole yellow eye tang acclimating.

And a new FITS. Ignore the 2 rock on the bottom. The anemone was being annoying and I still need to add them back to the scape.

3g Pico Reef
Old 11-14-2014, 10:37 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

How's the tank doing?

paul87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 01:29 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul87 View Post
How's the tank doing?
Pretty good. It has become zoa dominant and I got another bubble tip. Ill get a new FTS soon.

And I got new light a while ago.
3g Pico Reef
Old 11-15-2014, 02:54 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Preparing for a water change so I scrapped algae. So that's why the canopy is off and the waters a big cloudy.

And I also have a question. My green bubble tip got really bleached and was getting tentacles ripped off by one of my old clowns. It is completely recovered now. However, it has way less tentacles and the ones he has now are super short. When I got it it's tentacles were around 2". Now theyre 1/4". Will it ever look normal again with long tentacles?
3g Pico Reef
Old 11-15-2014, 05:14 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyfishies View Post
And I also have a question. My green bubble tip got really bleached and was getting tentacles ripped off by one of my old clowns. It is completely recovered now. However, it has way less tentacles and the ones he has now are super short. When I got it it's tentacles were around 2". Now theyre 1/4". Will it ever look normal again with long tentacles?
BTA's can be different some times. Some of them have long stringy tentacles and some have short plump "bubble tip" tentacles. Personally I really like the shorter bubbly ones. Not sure if it has to do with flow, light, both, or what. Your anemone looks great to me by what I see in those pictures and I personally wouldn't worry one bit about the tentacles. Was is the new light you got that bleached it or was it already bleached? I may take some time for it to recover its color, but looks healthy looking to me.

Old 11-15-2014, 05:45 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
BTA's can be different some times. Some of them have long stringy tentacles and some have short plump "bubble tip" tentacles. Personally I really like the shorter bubbly ones. Not sure if it has to do with flow, light, both, or what. Your anemone looks great to me by what I see in those pictures and I personally wouldn't worry one bit about the tentacles. Was is the new light you got that bleached it or was it already bleached? I may take some time for it to recover its color, but looks healthy looking to me.
I upgraded to 2x 165w dimmable full spectrum LEDs. I bleached it by putting it all the way at the top right away.

It's weird because my RBTA has bulbs, and my GBTA doesn't. Although it did while it was bleached.
3g Pico Reef
Old 11-15-2014, 05:53 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
I upgraded to 2x 165w dimmable full spectrum LEDs. I bleached it by putting it all the way at the top right away.

It's weird because my RBTA has bulbs, and my GBTA doesn't. Although it did while it was bleached.
I'm no expert when it comes to nems by no means, but I have seen them live long healthy lives with or without bulb tentacles. What lights where you using? They will usually move on their own if they are not comfortable.

Old 11-15-2014, 05:59 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
I'm no expert when it comes to nems by no means, but I have seen them live long healthy lives with or without bulb tentacles. What lights where you using? They will usually move on their own if they are not comfortable.
I was using a single 120w LED.

Eventually all bubble tips lose their bubble tips, I believe. I personally don't like the bubbles. Especially when they're bigger. Like my RBTA.
3g Pico Reef
Old 11-15-2014, 06:14 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
I was using a single 120w LED.

Eventually all bubble tips lose their bubble tips, I believe. I personally don't like the bubbles. Especially when they're bigger. Like my RBTA.
That is a big difference in lighting especially since you have 2 and they are higher wattage. Here is my tiny little RBTA. I hope it stays bubbly.

Tags
ate, reef, salt, saltwater, saltwater reef, water

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com