Simple Dosing for a SPS tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jimbo7

Aquarium Advice Addict
So i'm planning on my 12DX being primarily SPS, ordering 7 frags tonight, on top of my 3 already, and I'm sure that I will end up picking up more as the summer goes on. :rolleyes:

So, I have been doing tons of reading about dosing a three part solution as described here (An Improved Do-it-Yourself Two-Part Calcium and Alkalinity Supplement System by Randy Holmes-Farley - Reefkeeping.com)
I guess my first question is, do you think I should be dosing? I'm thinking there will be a high demand, but maybe i'm wrong.

What do you guys/gals use to dose? Controllers, reactors, DIY? I'm especially interested in the DIY or simple, since a controller and all that on a 12 seems overkill to me. (and expensive)

I guess any and all pertinent info/advice/wisdom you have on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

I dont do any dosing. Frequent PWC`s will take care of it most of the time. Sometimes based on the salt brand it might not. What I would suggest is do frequent PWC`s first and do your water test and see where if any you are falling short on. Then if it looks like you have to dose anywhere you will be justified.

Back
Top Bottom