Since only Fishy Folk understand....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Seepu

Aquarium Advice Freak
I gotta vent a bit...

I posted about my cracked tank. That is resolved, fish back in, ect.

During all of this.. my LFS kept my fish for me for about a week to make sure everything transitioned smoothly. One of my diamond gobies jumped out and died at the LFS. The owner said that one was being harrarssed by the other, and when he inspected the jumper, saw some ragged fins.. I guess because of the stress of moving or whatever.... but those 2 guys were a bonded pair.. following each other, mimicing each other.. digging out their nest each night and sleeping in the same hidey hole.

So.. I decided to leave the remaining goby there, and the owner gave me store credit for 2 gobies.. for the one that jumped and the one I left... so I could try to get another bonded pair. I spent the better part of 30 minutes watching gobies..and thought that the 2 I ended up with were a pair... but no...

One chased the other all yesterday... and now only one is in the tank. I poked around the sand, near rocks... used a turkey baster to disrupt their little nests... and only one ever pokes his head back out.

I'm pretty bummed.. I LOVED the relationship of the gobies. I may just have to take this guy back and try again. This LFS owner is a really good guy.. and I can probably talk him into seperating any pairs he sees in his shipments and giving me a call.

Anyway.. thanks for letting me vent. My husband just doesn't understand... only fish folk would!:kiss:

Awww, that's too bad. Hopefully he will be able to assist you and your tank will be back to it's full glory.

I don't think my tank has 'glory' haha!

But.. on the upside... the MIA bugger is BACK. He popped out of a rock this morning before I turned the lights on. I thought 2 days MIA was certain bad news... next time I'll give him another day. ;)

So.. they aren't friends, and the one meanie chases the MIA/found goby to the other side of the tank.. but hopefully they will figure it out.

If things continue to be stressful for them, I'll take one back. But I am relieved that no one jumped or is rotting under a rock somewhere.

I swear.. my cat wishes I worried about him as much.

I'm glad you found the other goby. I hope the two work it out or you can return one. I understand even though I'm not a "salty". :)

Back
Top Bottom