Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 05-11-2004, 11:03 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus
Siphon Breaks

Well for some reason everytime I add something to the tank, I forget the siphon break

When I added the fuge to the sump, I noticed that the sump level kept getting higher and then it dawned on me. Last night I added the auto top off float set up and was surprised to see the water keep pumping after I shut it down. DOH!

I am using a pond pump for the RO water container. I pumps the water straight up and out of the container. There is not any PVC so I just cut a small hole in the tubing right above the pump outlet. It worked but was not sure if this would cause any problems later on.

Live and learn

ellisz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 02:09 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
It should be ok. If you wanted you could always convert the tubing to PVC with one of those adapters.
Remember dont tap the glass, your fish will think you're an idiot -Anonymous mother

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com